Wednesday, May 25, 2011

[Stratos Burst] Hacking the Camera #2

The Mega Intervalometer script is now installed. It has taken me an hour or so to figure out how to properly set up, initiate, and launch the function, but I believe I now have it sorted. Instead of buying a plug in Intervalometer device for thirty or forty dollars, this script allows me send commands to the camera through the CHDK firmware update. I can set it to automatically initiate the interval sequence on boot-up, the delay before taking the first shot, the time between shots, how many to take, and if the sequence is infinite or not.
What this means is that I can set the camera to shoot every [x] seconds or minutes, and for how long, while also keeping my equipment payload to a minimum by excluding any unnecessary hardware. My next step is to test the endurance; how long will it last with a fresh set of batteries.

No comments:

Post a Comment